Introducing our Justina Blakeneytm Home fabrics!

My fabric line with Valdese Weavers is here. I don’t say that lightly.  I started out in the Home Decor industry as as a blogger and often times that has made me feel like an outsider. But truth be told, I never really wanted to be a traditional interior designer. I never loved the client/decorator relationship. I always felt like my creativity was stifled and unlike many designers I know, I didn’t enjoy the challenge of designing to someone else’s taste. But what I did enjoy (SO MUCH!!!) was tapping into my own creativity to ignite passion and creativity in others. That’s why I love to blog — I love to express my own creative ambition through painting, writing, photography, drawing, creating unexpected pairings, styling and by simply following my creative heart wherever it takes me.

I feel that this fabric line really symbolizes a conceptual break-through for me. My blog and books really aren’t just about decorating (and filling your home with plants! Ha!) My aim has always been to try and inspire folks to tap into their own personalities and creativity. I feel that this fabric line is a natural extension of that goal. I feel I can help to add color and pattern (and hopefully a jolt of jungalicious fun!) to homes while being witness to your creativity and tastes. I cannot wait to see what will you make with these fabrics and see what creative ways will they appear in your homes!! That’s what really lights me up!

The process of designing this line was one of great creative satisfaction. I worked very, very closely with the expert team at Valdese to create this collection of Jacquard textiles. I visited the mill in North Carolina to see first-hand how the gigantic looms, in their rapid movements, bring these fabrics to life. While all of the fabrics started out as one of my line drawings, paintings or collages, the amazing design team at Valdese added so many incredible little details in terms of texture to each piece. I’m learning so much from all of them (Amanda! Christy! Linsday! Laura! Ann! Lee! Sara! Everyone!! Thank you all SO SO SO much for taking me under your wings). All of the fabrics have so much movement, so many unexpected (and gorgeous!!) color pairings, details and a very luxurious hand, they each work on their own or they can layer together to get that super collected/boho feel that looks very eclectic and jungalcious.

I’m going to be doing another post later on this week about the-making-of the collection, but in the mean time I am seriously OVER-THE-MOON to announce that the collection is currently available at Fabric.com. I know I already have some major re-upholstery plans for a couple of chairs, I’m making some throw pillows and I want to commission a blazer made out of the Quinn and / or Om.

I also would like to take a moment to publicly thank and recognize Brek Jacobsen who played a huge part in bringing this collection to life. We lost him way too soon, he passed away just last week right before the launch of this line. His positive vibes and deep knowledge and expertise reverberate throughout each yarn in this collection. We are making a donation to the Cancer Research Institute in Brek’s name. Brek, you deeply are missed and I’m forever grateful for your instrumental role in bringing this dream of mine to fruition.

Alternative Text Justina Blakeney

39 responses to “Introducing our Justina Blakeneytm Home fabrics!”

1. Haley says:

LOVE THIS!!!! Loving the OM and just want to decide what colorway I should redo my dining room chairs with. Also, love the Ida (especially since I have my own little Ida).

• Justina Blakeney says:

Thanks SO MUCH Haley!! Just clicked over to your blog and saw the dining chairs! I think that the OM would look amazing!! big hugs to you (and your little Ida!) ~Justina

• Suri says:

Dear Justina,
        I love your designs and patterns. Are they made here in the U.S? I mean where the fabrics and products are begin made? I have some patterns and colors in mind and I am wondering how I can transform them into something amazing like yours.
        Thanks.
        Sori

2. Sophie Inez says:

Beyond excited for this!!! Can’t wait to recover my folding chairs (each in different fabrics of course!!) and make a little cushion top for our coffee table, and a body pillow, and anything else I can cover/make!

3. Maggie Shaffer says:

Gorgeous!

4. Lynn says:

You truly have inspired me to be more genuine in my own design and taste! I was a hopeless, wandering design parrot for years until I came across your blog and everything just clicked for me! Thank you for all you do (and all the plants I’ve rescued thank you, as well). :)

5. Romola says:

So excited for you! Love that you are living in your passion and bringing joy to others!

6. Debra says:

thinking of things to re-upholster! congrats I love all the patterns and colors.

7. joy says:

LOOKS AMAZING! SO PROUD OF YOU!!

8. This is sooo beautiful! What a lovely addition to your room. And it looks like it’s always been there. Very great job!…

9. Mallary Rawls says:

This is a great announcement! Thank you for sharing your designs with us! How do I get that ottoman?

10. Lovely! Another collection to drool. I’m a fan of your designs, especially the prints. These are beautiful additions to every home.

11. Christine says:

I love your collection! So much colors and joy, exactly what I want from fabrics :)

12. Kandy says:

This collection is incredible. I’m an interior designer and I cannot wait to use this with a client! I’m thinking a mid-century modern chair with that fabulous Euc fabric.

13. Yvon says:

Thank you for giving us so much inspiration! Your blog and pictures are always so colorful! Also sad to hear you lost such a good friend. He would have been so proud of you and this collection. xx Yvon

14. […] few of the things that come to mind when we think about Justina Blakeney. The blogger, designer and artist is one of our home style idols, and a master of punch-y patterns. We’ve followed for years on […]

15. Bryan says:

Where is that chandelier in the last picture from? And do you know what it is made of?

16. Love your fabric line so much! Do you sell it wholesale at all? Or is it just available via Fabric.com?

17. Roslyn says:

Love! Love! Love! Have you ever thought about your prints as quilting fabrics?

18. Craig Gutzman says:

Just bought 3 pieces of yours @livingspaces. Thank you. Pillows next. Craig

19. Bubbie B says:

Maybe this is late for this blogpost, but my Justina Blakeney fabrics just arrived from Valdese for reupholstering some three chairs and a “banquet bench” that I inherited and couldn’t part with. I loved the shape of the pieces, and the memories associated with them, but the fabrics weren’t me. Now, voila, I will have a houseful of jungalicious goodness. your fabrics give recovery, and recovering the integrity of old favorite pieces–a new life. and a new spin. fotos to follow thank you thank you

20. Lotus says:

Do you have the Chloe pattern in the fabric? Actually looking for the headboard but may custom upholster if it’s not already available in King/California King size.

21. Pretty Helpful Material, Much Thanks For This Article

22. Hi, after reading this remarkable paragraph i am too cheerful to share my knowledge here
    with colleagues.

23. Targetimpian says:

I am very happy to be here. How can I find more information about this? thank you..

24. I’m amazed by how rich each one looks. Texture, colors and design, they’re all on point. Congrats on your new line.

25. Amazing collection of fabrics… Congratulations!!
    The colors of the fabrics are so vibrant…
    I love my house full of colors.. especially the yellows, reds, and blues!!!

26. Asking questions are truly good thing if you are not understanding something completely,
    except this article provides good understanding even.

27. Donia Gonzales Copeland says:

Hello,
    Do you sell samples of your material?
    Dear sir/Madame,
    I would like to introduce myself, my name is Donia Gonzales-Copeland. I am a retired School counselor who has now made a life of reviewing products. Although just two years into it I am loving it as a grows into a new profession. My you tube channel is growing along with my other social media channels.
    It is possible I have sampled or reviewed your product/s and I would like to review more. In April I will be starting a cooking segment & also a DIY/Art Segment on you tube live also, my son gave me some space on his radio show to do my reviews. This will happen twice a week.
    The products can be reviewed for free or for a small fee, so let’s grow together. I love trying new things and will give the product and your company my best. Make me your Ambassador.
    Donia Gonzales-Copeland
    105 Clinton Street
    POB 371
    Delaware City, DE
    19706
    [email protected]
    3028345407

28. principles says:

After I initially commented I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new
    comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I
    receive 4 emails with the same comment. Perhaps there is a means you are
    able to remove me from that service? Thank you!

29. rehab says:

Hello I am so grateful I found your web site, I really found you by error,
    while I was browsing on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like
    to say thanks for a fantastic post and a all round interesting
    blog (I also love the theme/design), I dont have time
    to browse it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added your
    RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the great jo.

30. They look so cool, so beautiful how I can buy them

31. runn 3 says:

They look so cool, so beautiful how I can buy them

32. nikey says:

Very quickly this website will be famous amid all blogging and site-building
    people, due to it’s nice posts