Less is Morris
Eager to learn how to continually thrive in your environment, no matter how petite your home may be? Then creative powerhouse & longtime pal of Justina, Whitney Leigh Morris is your gal! She is well known (and widely admired) for her whimsical Tiny Canal Cottage tucked into the iconic Venice Canals, her stunning page-turner of a book, and her sweet lil’ fam (her husband, kiddo and 2 rescue pups)!
We love the carefully curated mix of artisan-made goodies she collects in her home. She has such an eye for bringing to life a nostalgic ‘secret garden-esque’ vibe and seems to leave a touch of magic wherever she goes.
What we dig most about Whitney’s style is her signature cozy vibes that always feel inviting, relaxing, soothing, and of course, very, very plantastic! Get a feel for what she gravitates toward and check out her curated collection in the shop. Here’s a sneak peek – she’s shared her fave Jungalow pieces with us including a lil’ bit about what makes them feel like Tiny Canal Cottage vibes!
1. Skye Gold Rug | “I recently selected this piece for a client’s compact office, because its muted tones and wide-set pattern help visually maximize inches without sacrificing visual interest. Plus it’s high-traffic friendly, which means it can weather the heavy use that’s inevitable in a small space.”
2. Hello Word Art by Justina Blakeney® | “Because everyone needs a ‘gram moment in their home.”
3. Natural Hamsa Quilt Set by Justina Blakeney® | “We have this quilt in our cottage. We sleep under it every night, then feast our eyes on it’s beauty every day. It’s soft and cozy yet durable, and it’s super easy to wash.”
4. Mesh + Wood Lantern | “I’m such a fan of functional decor, such as baskets, plants, mirrors, wall hooks, and— best of all— lanterns. I’m a borderline minimalist, but when it comes to lanterns I say the more the merrier! Layer ‘em up!”
5. Cruz Hemp Basket | “Baskets are organizational essentials. These hemp, handled buckets can keep toys, plants, accessories, office supplies, pet gear and endless other items beautifully contained while complementing varying decor styles and tastes.”
6. Wooden Mirror with Rope | “For spaces of any size (but particularly lil’ ones), mirrors are some of the easiest ways to add depth and light. I love how this frames a reflection with natural materials of wood and rope.”
7. Espejo Pillow by Justina Blakeney® | “Need more boho touches to your overly modern space? Or need more streamlined accents in your overly boho space? This pillow is like a magical bridge connecting diverse design styles.”
8. Face 1 Art Print by Justina Blakeney® | “Beyond simply being gorgeous, this work is also extremely versatile. Whether you gravitate towards neutral and monochromatic spaces (like I usually do), or bright and bold rooms (as Justina usually does), this piece will fit right in while standing out.”
9. Madi Ottoman | “Yes to a strong ottoman. It’s a footstool! It’s a seat for kids and adults! It’s an accent table! It’s a valet! It’s an awkward-space-filler! YES.”
10. Double Basket Side Table | “This double-basket side table can help you showcase the belongings you love, while also keeping your less stylish necessities out-of-site yet still easily accessible.”
11. Miya Hanging Planter by Justina Blakeney® | “Save tabletop and floor inches while inviting the eye upward by suspending your greenery in this gorgeous rattan and wood hanging planter.”
12. Verde Pillow by Justina Blakeney® | “The Verde pillow is the perfect icing on top for incorporating a natural look & feel into your home.”
All photos via Whitney Leigh Morris.