6/3/16Le Comptoir Général: Jungaliciousness in Paris

comptoir-general-1-3

Welcome to Le Comptoir Général — some serious jungaliciousness in Paris. My cousin Keenan, knowing my passion for wild decor, took me to visit this spot. She has been living in Paris for the last five years and I probably would have never discovered this place if it weren’t for her because it’s off the beaten path. Above is the entryway which is off an interior courtyard. This is not one of those places that you just stumble upon.
Le Comptoir Général

When I walked in to find this view, my eyes nearly popped out of my head. A Parisian Jungalow indeed! So much plantasticness going on!

Le Comptoir Général

The building was originally a stable for the horses that hauled the boats along the canal in Paris.  Since 2010, The Comptoir Général has been “celebrating exoticism and cultural diversity” by hosting events, movie nights, meals and a boutique that focus on a different culture/geographic location every few months.
comptoir-general-1-4

During my visit, they were celebrating India.
comptoir-general-1-8
The decor is everything that you’d want a Parisian jungalow to be: vines trailing from the rafters, velvet slipper chairs in subdued hues and fringed-everything.

comptoir-general-1-9
Yes, that’s a pirate ship you see on the right in the above pic. They had it built in the space and the ship is a private lounge and rum bar. yum.

comptoir-general-1-5
comptoir-general-1-6 comptoir-general-1-7

(Views from the pirate ship.)

Le Comptoir Général
They also have a coffee and juice bar–

Le Comptoir Général

Don’t you love the copper sink and faucet and how aged everything looks?    comptoir-general-1-10         Le Comptoir Général
Their indoor garden is quite remarkable. The large glass walls blur the lines between the lush indoors and outdoors. Le Comptoir Général
They even have plants growing up from underneath the floor planks.  Le Comptoir Général salon
Pretty dreamy, huh? Could you imagine living in a place like this?
Visit:

Le Comptoir Général,
80, quai de Jemmapes
75010 PARIS

Open 7 days a week, from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.

Photos by Justina Blakeney

11 responses to “Le Comptoir Général: Jungaliciousness in Paris”

1. adrienne says:

OMG! When can I move it? This will be on my do-visit list when I get to Paris one day :)

2. Danae says:

This is seriously my dream-land. I’ve never been super keen on visiting Paris (not that I’d turn down a trip there, but there are a lot of other places I’d be more excited to see), per se, but this might have changed my mind!

3. aprilneverends says:

that’s some serious WOW

I love Paris deeply..I don’t know whether I”ll have a chance to visit there again but if yes-this place is so on my list
    Thank you for sharing this awesomeness

4. So Love that style ..I just saw your design &
    article March 2016 ..I grow up in Quebec
    In the 6o sixty all tha boho style ..
    macro hanging plants ..in seventy also …..
    @ this point in my I need to start a small
    business …extras income pay bills ..
    With your approval I like to go forward
    & crate with my own experience & historie
    Of my life create these pouches …please …
    whish me luck ….This as change my heart ..
    Merci beau coup …

5. I can only imagine how excited you were to go here. I would have been ecstatic! Amazing! Thanks for sharing Justina.

6. Erika says:

Such a cool space. I’m going i a few weeks to Paris, so this post was just in time!

7. You took some magical photos!!

8. DABITO says:

I can’t decide which is more beautiful, the place or your photography! Damn girl! They are just magical. Definitely jotting down this spot for a future visit.

9. Wow really great photography. I love this article. great ideas for my entrée de garage

10. Blain says:

I celebrated my 30th birthday here. One of my favorite places. You did it justice in this post xx