Jungalow Needs: All Things Terra Cotta

terracotta-figures-cosmic-desert-wallpaper

Photo: Justina Blakeney

jungalow-needs-terracotta-hot-cactus

Hot Cactus store in Los Angeles. Photo: Justina Blakeney

It seems every where we go we’re spotting terra cotta. From pottery, to roof tiles, to art, there’s something about those hues- like blush’s earthy sisters- that grab us. We’ve especially been loving the paler shades we’ve seen in planters and home goods lately, but no matter the shade all things terra cotta are on our minds right now! Get inspired by, and shop some of our favorites below.

terra-cotta-round-up

1. Terracotta pendant lamps in modern silhouttes by Hand & Eye Studio.
  2. Italian terracotta candlesticks from HybrideStore.
  3. Vintage Columbian chicken vessel via Chairish.
  4. Tanque vessels by Rui Pereira.
  5. Gardenias collection by Jamie Hayon for BD Barcelona.
  6. Vintage terra cotta tile art from Two Bizarre People.
  7. Terra cotta wine cooler via Ikea.
  8. Terra cotta tumblers from Vintage Cleveland.
  9. Terra cotta planter with modern hieroglyphs by Grain Design via As Of Now.
  10. Handmade teapot by Pottery by Osa.
Alternative Text Danae Horst

Total Plant Geek. Check out my botanical shop and design firm, Folia Collective.

11 responses to “Jungalow Needs: All Things Terra Cotta”

1. Natalie Micale says:

One of the very first things I noticed when I started following your account was your love of terra cotta. I’m obsessed, and it’s so nice to be in good company. I love your blog and all the beautiful pics. And your book, obvy. It rules. Thank you!

2. Harini says:

absolutely love everything about this post. I’m a terracotta junkie, so thank you for curating this article for us! Can I suggest another terracutie i found online? these are modern, sleek, and uber functional!

3. Catherine says:

I love terracotta too, and I’m always finding beautiful little terracotta treasures at Goodwill… One man’s trash is this woman’s treasure! My succulents and cacti love terracotta too, it keeps them nice and dry and saves them from root rot during extended periods of rain.

You have great style, glad to find another inspired bohemian!

4. Catherine says:

You have great style, glad to find another inspired bohemian!

5. Cass says:

Love terra cotta. Lately our hardware store has been getting it in these taller and more slender shapes. Even some gray hues.
    Where is that wallpaper from in the first pic???

• Danae Horst says:

I’ve been seeing more of the more modern planter shapes too- and love those grey ones! The wallpaper is from Justina’s line with Hygge & West- there’s a link to it in the ‘Shop’ page. :)

6. buy csgo says:

Thanks meant for supplying this kind of good subject matter

7. csgo weapon says:

I like checking your web sites. Regards!