The Jungalow’s top moments of 2015
WOW. 2015 is a thing of the past. It was an amazing year for The Jungalow. Many, many milestones were crossed. Thank you all for joining me in this journey here. Your support of my creative projects is what got me here. Feeling proud today of all that we accomplished in 2015, and excited looking forward at all that lies ahead.
1. I revealed the first Jungalow HQ work space. Moving my work out of my living room was a big financial risk. My grandfather, who was a very successful business man once told me that you have to live a bit above your means to push you to work that much harder and earn that much more — and getting a legit workspace was definitely the right move fore me, my work, my marriage and my family.
2. Jason and I took our first trip without Ida. We went to New Orleans to visit Dabito. We were only gone a few days, but it felt like a month! It was tough being away form her but we had a blast.
3. I shared my method for creating repeating patterns (and this was one of the most popular posts of the year!)
5. Me and my home were featured in an ad for Loloi in magazines all the country!
6. We designed a tabletop for Pottery Barn and were featured (twice!) in their catalog.
7. My book, The New Bohemians, Cool and Collected Homes came out!
8. We bought our first home, a Jungalow by The River!
9. We restyled the Calypso Maison boutique in SoHo.
10. We designed a shipping container all yellow for The Yellow Pages at Dwell on Design.
11. We started the Jungalow Instagram in July (and now we’re over 70,000 followers strong!)
12. We demolished the existing kitchen in our new home and rebuilt it from the ground up!
13. The New Bohemians spent 3 months on the New York Times Bestsellers list!
14. I took the fam to Italy and taught a creative workshop with Italian Fix (and we’re doing it again this May, so JOIN US!)
16. I designed an indoor oasis with Fab.
17. We launched my first wallpaper collection with Hygge & West.
18. We made over our family room with Jonathan Louis.
And that brings us up to date! Writing this with a full heart, with a huge outpour of love and respect for my little team (Danae, Mel, Jeanetta, Nicki, Jessenia, Kim!!) I couldn’t have done all this without you guys! And of course to my main squeezes, Jason and Ida, and our parents who always provide insane amounts of support (and babysitting!!) And to you, my readers! Duh! Your visits, comments, shares, support and love are felt through these screens — big and small. Happy 2016 my friends!