Jungalow Kitchen Remodel: Tile!

kitchen-options
Last week, you guys chimed in on our kitchen tile choice (thank you!) and after much deliberation, we finally came to an agreement. Admittedly, there was a bit of a tug-o-war between me and the hubs. I was leaning towards the green flowers, and he was leaning towards the terracotta and cream leaves.  We threw one more option into the mix too and then went back to Badia Design to make our final decision. When we got to Badia, we realized that for the last couple of weeks, we were debating over a tile color that didn’t exist. The tile we thought was terracotta and cream leaves was actually terracotta and blue leaves. Like bright blue. I have no idea why it looked so cream in our photos–it’s mind-boggling, check it out:

day1

I mean…this is like a total blue dress/ gold dress situation!! Because check out the actual color of the tile in the picture below. It’s red and blue–straight up.  And since we didn’t love the idea of a red, white a blue kitchen, we moved on to other options. This time we grabbed all of our favorite designs and took the samples outside to make our final choice.

day2

And here is what we chose:

Tile-choice

Jason got his leaves, and I got my green. Win, win. And then, for the backsplash, I honestly really wanted the little hex tiles in green, but they have a six-week lead time on those little dudes, so we went with the mini subway tiles in green. We’ll save the hex for the bathroom ;) The thing about the tiles is that they’re handmade, so each one is slightly different and when you line them all up in a row, the Moroccan tiles look so stunning, and really quite jungalicious…

Alternative Text Justina Blakeney

25 responses to “Jungalow Kitchen Remodel: Tile!”

1. Haley says:

I didn’t see that choice coming! I love this new combo too, so I can’t wait to see what it looks like installed and styled in your kitchen.

2. Carolina says:

Hello from Argentina!
    In love with all options! I´am a tile fan!

3. Christine says:

That is the perfect shade of green! I can’t wait to see what’s next.

4. mari says:

Love!!! Where did you get them from? I’m no where near buying a home but would love to know…

5. debra says:

How exciting! Looks like you’re working the #plantsonpink thing…
    Sweet!

6. Danae says:

Ha ha- total dress situation. I’m still a bit flabbergasted by that- it totally looked cream in person. Maybe they were faded? Anyway- love the winning combo!

7. Evie says:

Love it! I know I’ll love anything and everything you pick! ❤️

8. vv says:

Just beautiful and so you. Can’t wait to see it all pieced together! xoxo

9. Ali Henrie says:

Can’t wait to see how it comes together! so pretty.

10. aprilneverends says:

Love. And love this mosaic so much..I love these variations, and how they’re all a bit different..
    (i’m a tile person myself. i find them fascinating when they are hand made like this.)

11. Jess Davis says:

Can’t wait to see this. Those tiles are stunning and I am so itching for a project so I’m looking forward to living vicariously through you :)

12. Shavonda says:

Yessssss!!! Such an awesome choice Justina. Its gonna be so so incredible!!!

13. […] Last time we checked in about the kitchen, we had just chosen our tile from Badia Design. Since then, the floor tile has been installed, so have our prefab cabinets, our farmhouse sink and two new windows have been put in, too. Things are moving along pretty quickly, although, admittedly not quickly enough seeing as how we move in tomorrow–but such is life, yes? I’m actually just taking a much-needed packing break right now to write this post. Dang I have a lot of crap. The movers arrive at 8AM. Yikes. Also today my friends from Lowe’s will be coming to install our countertop–but more on that later. […]

14. […] Sarah’s kitchen was really inspiring to me too. Again, a similar palette with that kinda sage-y green, lot’s of metallic details–and here, wooden accents to bring in the earthy vibes. Yes! I wanted that too. But both of these kitchen skewed more modern than boho, so I knew I was going to have to turn up the volume a bit, and I did that through tile. I’ve talked about my tile choices here. […]

15. […] accessories. Our first big aesthetic decision was the floor and backsplash tile (read about that here). Once that choice was made, it informed the colors of everything else: white, different shades of […]

16. Linda says:

Love love love the tile color, I’m on the website and was wondering if it is the BMT001-3 . Thank you for all the inspiration!

17. Noella says:

Hi, what is the name of the bejmat green tile? I cannot find it :(

18. Cannady says:

Hi Justina,
    I’m wondering what color grout you used with the green Badia zellige. I’m using a similar colored tile from Cle — they’re more teal than yours, but I’m still aiming for the same effect. Could you share?