Ideas to help us drink more water
I don’t drink enough water. I can’t ever seem to get the whole water bottle thing together and I simply forget to drink it. As a result my lips are often chapped, I sometimes even wake up with dehydration headaches. So as part of my healthy-transformation, I’ve made an effort to drink more water and I’ve implemented a few tricks that I find very useful. Since making these simple changes in my daily life, I find that I feel so much lighter, cleaner and fresher. So here goes:
- If anyone ever asks if they can get you anything (like if you are at a salon, a friend’s house or your accountant’s) ask for water. This sounds silly, but for whatever reason I was in the habit of declining when people ask if I want anything. Well not anymore!
- If you are at a restaurant or cafe, always ask for water
- If you are eating out and you are drinking something other than water, also drink a glass of water.
- Do not ever get up from a table until you’ve emptied your water glass.
- Drink one tall glass of water before bed and one tall glass of water first thing in the morning.
Following these simple steps I have double, or maybe even tripled my water consumption. If you eat out a lot like I do you’ll notice a change in your skin and your energy level immediately.
Do you have any tips or tricks for how you hydrate? I’d love to hear them!