DIY Rope Vases
I made these vases last night in about an hour. You can likely make them with things that you have lying around in your home already and it would be a fun project to do with kids, too. I’m excited to use them on our Thanksgiving table as I think they are simple and rustic, but have a fun graphic element to them as well.
Here’s what you need:
-Recycled receptacles that hold water
Here’s what you do:
1. Wash your receptacle and cut pieces of rope that are a few inches longer than the receptacle.
2. Spread hot glue along one side of the bottom perimeter of the container.
3. Line up the pieces of rope, side by side along the bottom perimeter so that the pieces of rope are glued side by side along the bottom edge.
4. Once all of the pieces are glued to the bottom, line up the rope pieces and glue them to the rest of the container. Trim and wrap rope along the edges (how you do this will vary depending on shape of your container.)
5. Paint over the rope as desired.